Helpline vacancies, jobs and positions
Respect is looking for two Helpline Advisors to join our highly skilled and friendly team supporting service users on our domestic violence helplines, both accredited with the Helplines Partnership’s Quality Standard:
- Men’s Advice Line, the national helpline for male victims of domestic violence
- Respect Phoneline, national helpline for domestic violence perpetrators needing help to change
The successful candidates will have:
- An understanding of the nature of domestic violence
- Experience of domestic violence related client work
- Experience of providing information, advice and support by telephone in a helpline environment
- The ability to cover up to two evening shifts per week (Monday and Wednesday 17:00-20:00) on a rota system with colleagues
And other skills and abilities as described in the Person Specification.
Closing date for applications: Friday 15 March 2019 (12 noon)
Group all-day interviews: Wednesday 20 March 2019
More information about the roles and how to apply can be found on the Respect website.
The Helplines Partnership (HLP) Board of Trustees is seeking to recruit a Treasurer who as well as having financial experience ideally has an appreciation of the helpline sector. The purpose of the role is to:
- Maintain an overview of the organisation's financial affairs focusing on maintaining the organisations financial viability.
- Provide advice and guidance over the annual setting of budgets and business plans.
- Review monthly management accounts and advise on their implications and any necessary actions.
- Represent and advise on all financial matters including the annual report and accounts.
- Work closely with the Chair, CEO and Head of Finance to ensure the smooth financial running and continued financial health of our charity.
What are we looking for?
- Formal financial qualifications and experience are desirable, and it would be useful to have some experience of charity finance and the helpline sector.
- As an organisation, we work remotely, using IT solutions such as Skype and SharePoint so location is not so relevant. Being comfortable with the use of these technologies would be helpful.
- The Treasurer must be able to analyse proposals and examine their financial consequences and report on these to the board.
- The Treasurer must be willing to be available occasionally for advice and enquiries as appropriate.
What difference will you make?
As a small charity, your contribution will be significant and effective. As part of the Helplines Partnership Board you will be helping directly to ensure the effectiveness of the organisation.
If you think that you have the experience and wish to utilise your skills and knowledge to enhance HLP’s Board, then please send a letter outlining your experience and why you wish to apply for the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No contact from agencies or media sales.
As a member of Helplines Partnership, your organisation can benefit from advertising job vacancies in our various publications or on the website at discounted rates.