With over 25 years of knowledge and expertise in the helplines sector, we can support you with any aspect of helpline-related work whether you are looking to review or develop part of your service, or to set up a new helpline. Our experienced team of specialists have spent years managing, advising and working on helplines and we can assist with any aspect of helpline-related work:
- Setting up a new helpline or an additional service such as webchat
- Measuring your helpline's outcomes, for you and for your funders
- Ensuring helpline policies and procedures reflect good practice
- Reviewing and developing the helpline to best meet the needs of your service users
- Regular mentoring and support for new helpline managers
- Reviewing and developing your initial training for helpline workers.
We can help you to conduct a strategic review of your helpline, re-examining your purpose, performance, promotion and partnerships to increase your chances of surviving and thriving in the future.
Examples of the support offered by Helplines Partnership:
- Reviewing the Cats Protection helpline with a focus on caller satisfaction, monitoring and staffing arrangements;
- Helping GamCare monitor the impact of changing phone number;
- Strengthening the system that NSPCC uses to measure and monitor outcomes for users of its NSPCC helpline and Childline service;
- Supporting Gingerbread and National Autistic Society answer more calls by planning their staffing requirements more efficiently.
Cost is based on the breadth and depth of the project and the extent to which face-to-face meetings and formal presentations are required. Initially, we are happy to explore your requirements on a no-commitment basis.
If you are looking for an external review of your helpline using a standardised framework, we can undertake an assessment of the helpline against our Helplines Standard.