Toolkit | Safeguarding for helplines
This safeguarding for helplines toolkit is designed to help you consider what you need to think about to develop a safeguarding policy for your helpline, webchat or listening service.
No matter what type of service you deliver you have a duty to safeguard the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk of harm or abuse.
It will help you identify risk and practice; think about measures you need to put in place and your statutory requirements.
The safeguarding for helplines toolkit covers:
- What does safeguarding mean
- Developing a helpline safeguarding policy
- Safeguarding procedures for helplines
- Confidentiality and information sharing
- Safeer recruitment
- Real safeguarding policies
- Next steps
If you have questions about safeguarding, or want to learn more, talk to us.Download this publication