Specialist insurance policies including travel, life and protection policies that cater for people with additional needs or caring responsibilities
We understand that many of our members support people with additional needs, life limiting conditions and caring responsibilities and that accessing insurance cover can be a real challenge for these individuals.
Helplines Partnership together with Towergate Insurance are proud to provide a range of specialist policies for members, family members, supporters and volunteers.
Towergate have utilised their knowledge of the market and the relationships they have with their insurer partners to develop a suite of products with peace of mind at the core.
Carers Life Insurance
For those who care for a family member or friend. We understand the responsibilities that you have, so offer a policy that provides you with peace of mind. If you’re ever unable to look after yourself and therefore carry on caring for someone, the policy will pay out and funds can be used in any way you want, such as paying for carer support. To determine whether you’re unable to look after yourself, a doctor will assess a number of daily living tasks that a person would normally be able to do on their own.*
*if Lifestyle Care option is selected
Knowing how difficult it is for those with pre-existing conditions to obtain travel insurance, we’ve introduced a policy with a 94% quote rate that recognises every person is different, so each policy is based on your personal declarations and doesn’t require a separate referral for a medical screening.
This travel product will ensure that each policy’s premium is based on individual’s personal declaration regarding their medical history.
Towergate will be able to provide competitive quotations, that can cover a broad range of medical conditions that include: COPD, Motor Neurone Disease, Dementia, Stroke, Cardiac disease, Diabetes, Multiple Sclerosis, to name just a few.
Our specialist travel insurance offers:
- Convenience – cover can be obtained in just one phone call with no separate referral for medical screening. You can also get a quote and purchase a policy online
- Empowerment - the price you pay is based on your unique circumstances and how the medical condition(s) specifically affects you
- Reassurance – we can cover the whole travelling party not just those with pre-existing conditions or disabilities
- Support – our experienced team can help make sure that you get the right cover
- Freedom – we offer Single and Annual policies for EU and Worldwide Cover, and we also have a UK only cover option that calculates premium on the cost of the holiday only
- What is more, you will also benefit from 24/7 emergency assistance to give you additional peace of mind.
You can start a quote online. You can also call our team on call 0330 123 5057
Why not read our 'handy hints when travelling' guide? It includes details of Holiday Extra’s, the UK’s leading provider of airport essentials, which offers a range of solutions to make your travelling experience a bit easier and more enjoyable.
For added peace of mind, we offer the following policies:
• Life insurance
• Critical illness
• Income protection policies
We can obtain quotes from partner insurers and across the market for the product that best suits your requirements.
For every policy we sell via a Helplines Partnership member, a payment will be made to Helplines Partnership and the member organisation to assist them in developing and improving services.