Helpline Awards 2018
This year we have four award categories that recognise and celebrate the achievements and contributions of members and individuals to the helpline sector. The categories have been carefully selected to reflect the range of skills that are essential for any effective helpline.
Through the awards, we want to:
Celebrate the improvements your helpline has made to people's wellbeing.
Highlight innovations, technical changes and creative ideas that have made a big impact.
Recognise the achievements of those helplines, teams and individuals who have responded most successfully to demands.
Helpline of the Year
This category is open to any member organisations who have made significant contribution to the sector and the wellbeing of service users. This may be through improvements to the running of the helpline or implementing a new strategy which has been successful. In the statement, please provide evidence of how the helpline has made changes to benefit the sector and service users.
Helpline Employee of the Year
The Helpline Employee of the Year category is open to all full-time, temporary and part-time paid staff of a member organisation. The person will have made a significant contribution to the helpline and shown a real commitment over the last 12-18 months. Or they may have been creative and innovative e.g. suggesting a new idea or exciting project to improve the helpline. The nominee should showcase the helpline standards and core values and go above and beyond the job description.
Helpline Volunteer of the Year
The Helpline Volunteer of the Year category is open to all full-time or part-time volunteers of a member organisation. The person will have made a significant contribution to the helpline and shown a real commitment over the last 12-18 months. Or they may have been creative and innovative e.g. suggesting a new idea or exciting project to improve the helpline. The nominee should showcase the helpline standards and core values and go above and beyond the volunteer role.
Best Helpline Innovation of the Year
This category is open to all member helplines who have made an important change for the good of service users. It may be a technological enhancement, a powerful campaign or a creative idea that has made a big impact. It will epitomise the power and potential of helplines and be a model for best practice. The statement must include evidence of how the innovation has had a positive impact on their service users.
- Please submit a written statement of not more than 250 words covering all the criteria for your chosen category.
- The statement should include clear explanations of why the nominee’s contribution is significant or innovative.
- Please indicate any information you would like to remain confidential.
- Anyone can submit a nomination – you can nominate yourself or your helpline or be nominated by someone else.
- Helpline of the Year and Best Helpline Innovation of the Year - the helpline nominated must be a Helplines Partnership member organisation.
- Helpline Volunteer and Employee of the Year Awards – the individual must be an employee of, or volunteer for, a Helplines Partnership member organisation.
- Please note: only workers or volunteers of a member helpline or a member helpline are eligible to be nominated.
Helpline of the YearHelpline Employee of the YearHelpline Volunteer of the YearBest Helpline Innovation of the Year
The closing date for all nominations is 17:00 hours on Friday 12 October 2018.
Terms & Conditions