Annual Conference 2018
When and where is the event?
at 9:00 am and the event concludes at 5:00 pm. The venue is: De Vere West One, 9-10 Portland Place, London W1B 1PR
What is the event about?
Helplines - Why, What and How? - The annual event for the helpline sector brings together a diverse and engaging programme to celebrate, inform and enrich the work of helplines. Join us to celebrate and recognise the dedication and commitment within our sector as we showcase the winners of the Helpline Awards 2018.
Who should attend?
This event attracts everyone from the helpline sector ranging from commissioners, chief executives, leaders and co-ordinators from across the voluntary, commercial and independent sectors.
How much does it cost?
Prices below are exclusive of VAT.
Our Community: £199
Your ticket includes lunch, refreshments, seminars and conference materials.
What can I expect if I attend?
The event programme will feature:
- expert speakers from leaders in the sector
- a panel debating and exploring issues facing helplines
- legislative insights and updates affecting our sector
- practical seminars to develop and enhance service delivery
- learning and networking opportunities with a diverse range of delegates and partners
Details of the full programme will be announced shortly.
What was last year's Annual Conference like?
Last year's Annual Conference was a resounding success with delegates feeding back the following benefits of attending:
- Very relevant and inspiring
- Humbling and moving. Helps keep things in perspective
- Best session of the day, network and information sharing session
- Raw and powerful
- Lovely to recognise and award achievement
- Really interesting innovative concept for a Conference. Well done
- This is the best Conference I have attended
- Fantastic, funny and moving
- Excellent day thanks
More about our previous conference can be found here
How do I book?
You need to register on our website prior to booking and if you have already registered you can go straight to booking.
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
Becoming a sponsor for the event will raise the credibility and visibility of your organisation. It enables you to demonstrate corporate social responsibility within a sector committed to providing support to millions of individuals.
For more information or to book please contact us on: 0300 330 7777 or email: email@example.com
The speakers and presenters
Comedian, Speaker, Actress and Writer
Francesca is a wobbly* comedian, writer, and speaker who has toured internationally with sell-out runs at The Melbourne Comedy Festival, The Edinburgh Festival Fringe, and the Just For Laughs Festival in Montreal. She launched her comedy career in 2000 beating a thousand UK comedians including Mathew Horne and Jimmy Carr, to become the only woman to win the Open Mic Award.
Since appearing in five series of BBC’s Grange Hill, Francesca has starred in many other TV shows including BBC2’s Extras opposite Kate Winslet, BBC3’s Russell Howard’s Good News, and headlined ITV’s The Jonathan Ross Show.
Her best-selling book, ‘What The **** Is Normal?!’, was published in 2014. Nominated Best Book in the Chortle Comedy Awards 2015, and runner up in the Bread & Roses Book Award 2015, the book has garnered rave reviews from critics and the public alike.
A regular commentator on TV and radio, Francesca delivers motivational and after dinner speeches across the globe – in 2005 she was nominated for the ‘Motivator of the Year’ Award along with Sir Bob Geldof.
* Oh yeah, she has mild cerebral palsy but she much prefers the word ‘wobbly’. Find out more on Francesca’s website.