About the event
The accumulative effect of handling emotional and distressing contacts can negatively impact on a person's social behaviours, emotional wellbeing, physical health, behaviour and cognitive reasoning. If unaddressed vicarious trauma could harm not only the helpline worker but also has serious implications for your service users. Based on research, this insightful and practical course will explore the implications of compassion fatigue research within helplines, helping you to establish and review strategies and procedures to effectively manage and address the personal and professional consequences.
Outcomes & Objectives
- explore research and understand the implications to your service
- understand key risk factors and impact to your service, call handlers and service users
- explore how the severity and complexity of call content contributes to VT
- explore how recruitment, training and management can reduce the risk of VT
- develop a risk matrix for your service
- learn how to identify and reduce those at risk of burnout
- explore different approaches to supervision and debriefing
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for service managers or co-ordinators and experienced helpline workers.
London N7 6PA
Cancellation Policy: By booking you are agreeing to our Cancellation Policy
Onsite Delivery: This course is also available for onsite delivery and can be tailored to your specific helpline. To find out more contact us on 0300 330 7777 or [email protected]Events Calendar