About the event
Interested in accreditation for your helpline service?
This FREE workshop is an invaluable introduction and opportunity to explore how you can gain accreditation for your service. We cover the application process, criteria and assessment requirements. We will explore the accreditation criteria ranging from the operation, delivery and development of your helpline service alongside practical exercises, group discussions and a chance to put questions to our experienced assessor.
- Clear understanding of the benefits of achieving the Helplines Standard
- Overview of what constitutes a quality helpline
- Understanding the structure and criteria of the Standard
- Exploring the assessment process to establish resources and commitment
- Demonstrating the type and scope of evidence required
- Evaluating next steps ie action plan, challenges and resources
- Assessing readiness for assessment prior to application
- Opportunity to ask questions and explore the Standard with experienced assessor
We recommend you purchase the Helplines Standard workbook before you attend: Order Workbook Online
Want to know more?
PLEASE NOTE: This workshop is FREE but non-attendance or cancellations with less than 5 days' notice are liable to a charge of £50 (+VAT).
Paula joined Helplines Partnership in 2008. Her previous roles were in the private sector working for several high profile household names including Sony Computer Entertainment, Morton International and Cable and Wireless. Since joining the voluntary sector, Paula has developed her role within Helplines Partnership from PA, to Central Services Team Manager, to Director of Membership and External Affairs. She is responsible for the organisation’s membership, events, policy, marketing and communications and external affairs. Paula has a particular interest in helplines and is passionate about the service they provide to the public and the communities in which we live.