About the event
Ensure your staff have the skills and confidence to respond and support emotional callers within your service’s remit. Attendees will discuss and explore the use of empathic responses and practice techniques and skills in a supportive environment.Download Course Outline
Outcomes & Objectives
- understand personal and professional boundaries
- explore how emotions effect interaction and responses
- understand differences between empathy and sympathy
- identify key skills and phrases to convey empathy
- examine emotional language and how to sensitively explore feelings
- explore benefits of reflective practice and debriefing
Who should attend?
This course is designed for helpline workers who already have basic skills training and experience working on a helpline.
London, N7 6PA
Helplines Learning Pass: Book anyone on 3 or more training courses and receive a 10% discount. Find out more
Cancellation Policy: By booking you are agreeing to our Cancellation Policy
Onsite Delivery: This course can be delivered onsite and also tailored to make case studies relevant to your helpline. To find out more contact us on 0300 330 7777 or firstname.lastname@example.orgEvents Calendar