About the event
Safeguarding is becoming more prevalent within the helpline sector. No matter what kind of service you deliver, everyone has a duty to safeguard the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk of harm or abuse. This Masterclass will help increase your knowledge and understanding of safeguarding, not only in the broader context, but also in relation to understanding key safeguarding terms and signs and indicators. It seeks to develop awareness and examine legislation that can directly be implemented into practice, procedures and policy provision.
It aims to build confidence and awareness and offer guidance surrounding confidentiality, recording and information sharing in line with GDPR and safeguarding sensitivities.
Outcomes & Objectives
- Explore and understand safeguarding and child protection in the broader context
- Understand key safeguarding terms and definitions, signs and indicators
- Introduction to managing risk
- Identify relevant legislation and guidance that safeguards children and adults
- Explore how to implement safeguarding procedures, including appropriate methods
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for service managers or co-ordinators and experienced helpline workers.
Cancellation Policy: By booking you are agreeing to our Cancellation Policy
Onsite Delivery: This course is also available for onsite delivery and can be tailored to your specific helpline. To find out more contact us on 0300 330 7777 or [email protected]Events Calendar