About the event
How to handle callers who present with risk of harm or suicidal thoughts is a concern for helplines. It is essential that your service is equipped to identify those at risk and that your team know how best to support them.
This specialised helpline specific training, delivered online, will explore how to identify risk, practice different techniques, explore different models and set up internal processes, policies and supervision.
Participants will develop greater knowledge, confidence and awareness alongside practical skills and actions to take back to their helpline.
Outcomes & Objectives
- explore the context and statistics of suicide in the UK and Republic of Ireland
- explore how to identify an individual at risk of harm or suicide across all channels
- explore different models
- developing and implementing robust policies relating to callers at risk
- examine how to assess risk and identify the corresponding actions with service remit
- identify and learn how to manage internal processes, ensuring consistency and policy adherence
- explore and practice techniques on how to respond to callers at risk
- identify current support and supervision practices and areas for development
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for service managers, helpline co-ordinators and experienced helpline workers and volunteers.
Cancellation Policy: By booking you are agreeing to our Cancellation Policy
Virtual Onsite Delivery: This course can also be delivered as a Virtual Onsite, tailored to your specific helpline or organisation. To find out more contact us on 0300 330 7777 or [email protected]Events Calendar
The full fee is payable for any cancellations within 5 calendar days of the event, or if the participant fails to attend and we receive no notice of cancellation, or if the participant is unable to attend the whole of the event for any reason.
Some of our events are repeated, so you may transfer a place, without charge, to an alternative date as long as you inform us in writing at least 5 calendar days beforehand.
Transfers within 5 calendar days will incur a full fee for both dates.
All transfers are subject to availability.
In the unlikely event that we have to cancel a session, we will let you know as soon as possible and issue a full refund.