About the event
How to handle callers who present with risk of harm or suicidal thoughts is a concern for helplines. It is essential that your service is equipped to identify those at risk and that your team know how best to support them. This masterclass will explore how to identify risk, practice different techniques and set up internal processes, policies and supervision. Service managers and co-ordinators attending this course will leave with greater knowledge, confidence and awareness alongside practical skills and actions to take back to their helpline.Download Course Outline
Outcomes & Objectives
- exploring the context and statistics of suicide in the UK and Republic of Ireland
- exploring how to identify an individual at risk of harm or suicide across all channels
- developing and implementing robust policies relating to callers at risk
- examine how to assess risk and identify the corresponding actions with service remit
- identify and learn how to manage internal processes, ensuring consistency and policy adherence
- explore and practice techniques on how to respond to callers at risk
- identify current support and supervision practices and areas for development
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for service managers or co-ordinators.
Cancellation Policy: By booking you are agreeing to our Cancellation Policy
Onsite Delivery: This course is also available for onsite delivery and can be tailored to your specific helpline. To find out more contact us on 0300 330 7777 or email@example.comEvents Calendar