About the event
Advanced Helpline Skills Online is recommended for helpline workers, volunteers and call handlers who have completed both the Essential Helpline Skills and Developing Helpline Skills courses and want to further develop their skills.
This is a skills-based course that will build on your helpline experience and support you to effectively respond to emotional, angry and repeat callers to your service. Participants will also receive a top-level introduction to suicidal callers and safeguarding.
Outcomes & Objectives
- Key skills to respond effectively to an emotional call
- How to respond to an angry call
- How to define an abusive call and how to respond effectively
- About the use of vocabulary to respond to a call
- Skills and techniques for responding to callers with differing needs
- How to distinguish between regular and repeat calls
- When and how to set up a caller care plan
- When and how when to respond safeguarding concerns
- How to respond to someone with suicidal thoughts
- To identify strategies that address the impact of challenging contacts
Cancellation Policy: By booking you are agreeing to our Cancellation Policy
Virtual Onsite Delivery: This course can also be delivered as a Virtual Onsite, tailored to your specific helpline or organisation. To find out more contact us on 0300 330 7777 or [email protected]Events Calendar