About the event
Developing Helpline Skills Online is recommended for helpline workers, volunteers and call handlers who have completed the Level 1- Essential Helpline Skills course and have some prior helpline experience.
This course will give you the skills to understand challenging calls, how to respond and engage using empathic listening whilst maintaining appropriate professional boundaries.
Outcomes & Objectives
- The definition of a challenging call and how it relates to your helpline
- How personal and professions beliefs and boundaries can impact on your work
- The likely outcomes of different approaches to contacts
- How positive language can impact on the call
- The difference between sympathy and empathy
- The core skills to convey empathy
- Strategies that address the impact of challenging contacts
Cancellation Policy: By booking you are agreeing to our Cancellation Policy
Virtual Onsite Delivery: This course can also be delivered as a Virtual Onsite, tailored to your specific helpline or organisation. To find out more contact us on 0300 330 7777 or [email protected]Events Calendar
The full fee is payable for any cancellations within 5 calendar days of the event, or if the participant fails to attend and we receive no notice of cancellation, or if the participant is unable to attend the whole of the event for any reason.
Some of our events are repeated, so you may transfer a place, without charge, to an alternative date as long as you inform us in writing at least 5 calendar days beforehand.
Transfers within 5 calendar days will incur a full fee for both dates.
All transfers are subject to availability.
In the unlikely event that we have to cancel a session, we will let you know as soon as possible and issue a full refund.