About the event
Essential Helpline Skills Online is a foundation level course, recommended for those who are new to helplines or are looking to refresh their knowledge in the fundamentals. This is a skills-based course that will give you the tools you need to confidently respond to calls to your helpline.
Outcomes & Objectives
- What a helpline is and how they help service users
- The structure of a call
- How a caller’s circumstances can make both access and communication difficult
- What is meant by active listening skills
- When to use questions effectively during the call
- Reflecting back and paraphrasing
- The importance of providing options
- How to end different types of calls
- How to look after yourself after a call
Cancellation Policy: By booking you are agreeing to our Cancellation Policy
Virtual Onsite Delivery: This course can also be delivered as a Virtual Onsite, tailored to your specific helpline or organisation. To find out more contact us on 0300 330 7777 or [email protected]Events Calendar
The full fee is payable for any cancellations within 5 calendar days of the event, or if the participant fails to attend and we receive no notice of cancellation, or if the participant is unable to attend the whole of the event for any reason.
Some of our events are repeated, so you may transfer a place, without charge, to an alternative date as long as you inform us in writing at least 5 calendar days beforehand.
Transfers within 5 calendar days will incur a full fee for both dates.
All transfers are subject to availability.
In the unlikely event that we have to cancel a session, we will let you know as soon as possible and issue a full refund.