About the event
Facilitated by a certified GDPR Data Protection Officer, this masterclass explores how the Data Protection Act and GDPR applies to helpline work. Through exploring best practice in data sharing, participants will gain a clear understanding of the data protection principles, the lawful basis for data processing and the implications this has on their service thereby helping them comply with the legislation.Download Course Outline
Outcomes & Objectives
- explore what data means in terms of the law
- identify Data Protection legislation which applies to your helpline
- understand GDPR and how this applies to your service
- understand the six data protection principles and how they relate to your service
- understand good practice in data sharing
- identify how to process and manage subject access requests
- explore examples of data breaches to identify mistakes, mitigations and learning outcomes
Please note: Participants are advised to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office if they require clarification on any issues raised during the training as Helplines Partnership is not a legal advisor.
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for service managers and experienced helpline workers.
Cancellation Policy: By booking you are agreeing to our Cancellation Policy
Onsite Delivery: This course is also available for onsite delivery. Contact us on 0300 330 7777 or [email protected]Events Calendar